Grooming Professional Culinarians
With the holistic plan to mould attitude, skills and knowledge, we focus on your professional development as a culinarian, ready to face the challenges of industry.
Building A Strong Foundation in techniques
You will go through a robust skill training plan with techniques in Western, Chinese, Indian and local cuisines.
On-the-Job Training (OJT)
The course includes 2 on-the-job (OJT) events, which enable real time interactions with customers. We also give you headstart by facilitating career placements with respected industry names.
This course is for
- Individuals looking to jumpstart their career in the F&B Industry.
- Food service professionals interested to formalise their skills with WSQ Qualification.
What will you learn
- WSQ Basic food hygiene certificate
- Safety and housekeeping
- Equipment, ingredients and knife skills
- Fish and seafood preparation
- Meat and poultry prepration
- Dry heat cooking techniques: roasting, grilling, stir frying, sauteing and frying
- Moist heat cooking techniques: Steaming, poaching, simmering, blanching, stewing and braising
- Minimum 21* years of Age.
- Primary education with/without PSLE / PSPE or their equivalent certification
- Be able to understand,speak, read and write basic English.
*to be eligible for SSG course fee funding
**Eligible for WSQ qualification award by SSG. Click Here for details
Date 06 Jan 2020 17 Feb 2020 30 Mar 2020
Duration 170 hours / 6 weeks 4 days a week
Fees S$ 5000 (GST is not applicable)