The objective of the course is to train learners in various fabrication and preparation techniques of beef, lamb, chicken and other meats.
The skills are trained in the Asian and Western Cuisine contexts, with traditional and modern techniques
A WSQ course accredited by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). Upon successful completion, candidates will receive the Statement of Attainment (SOA) in WSQ Prepare Meat and Poultry for Cooking.
This course is for
- Individuals keen to pursue employment as commis / cooks in food service industry
- Food service professionals keen on enhancing their skills and getting a qualification within a flexible time frame
What will you learn
- Quality standards for purchasing beef, lamb and poultry
- Storage of meat and poultry
- Basic skills in
- Preparing beef cuts
- Preparing lamb cuts
- Trussing poultry
- Cutting and deboning chicken
- Basic cooking techniques applied to
- Chicken and Duck
- Minimum 18* years of Age.
- Primary education with/without PSLE / PSPE or their equivalent certification
- Be able to understand,speak, read and write basic English.
*to be eligible for SSG course fee funding
Date: 04 May, 13 Jun, 25 Jul, 05 Sep, 17 Oct, 28 Nov
Duration: 4 days / 26 hours and 30 minutes
Fees: S$ 600 (GST is not applicable)
Up to 70% course fee funding by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Singapore Citizens may use their SkillsFuture Credit to pay the Nett course fee after course fee grant. Click here to check your SkillsFuture account.