The objective of the course is to train learners learners in the techniques and knowledge of preparing the equipment and ingredients for various culinary operations.
The ingredient preparation is covered under Asian and Western Cuisine contexts, with traditional and modern techniques
A WSQ course accredited by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). Upon successful completion, candidates will receive the Statement of Attainment (SOA) in WSQ Prepare Equipment and Ingredients.
This course is for
- Individuals keen to pursue employment as kitchen assistants in food service industry
- Food service professionals keen on enhancing their skills and getting a qualification within a flexible time frame
What will you learn
- Cooking tools and equipment
- Types, characteristics & functions of ingredients
- Meat & poultry
- Vegetables & Fruits
- Herbs & Spices
- Oils & dry goods
- Ready to use products
- Selection of ingredients
- Units of Measurement and calibrating scales
- Reinstate work station in accordance
- Minimum 18* years of Age.
- Primary education with/without PSLE / PSPE or their equivalent certification
- Be able to understand,speak, read and write basic English.
*to be eligible for SSG course fee funding
Date: 20 Oct 2022
Duration: 4 days / 25 hours and 30 minutes
Fees: S$ 650 (GST is not applicable)
Up to 70% course fee funding by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG).
Singapore Citizens may use their SkillsFuture Credit to pay the Nett course fee after course fee grant. Click here to check your SkillsFuture account.