The objective of the course is to train the learners in on the techniques and knowledge on various fabrication and preparation techniques on fish and other seafood.
The skills are trained in the Asian and Western Cuisine contexts, with traditional and modern techniques
A WSQ course accredited by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). Upon successful completion, candidates will receive the Statement of Attainment (SOA) in WSQ Prepare Fish and Seafood for Cooking.
This course is for
- Individuals keen to pursue employment as commis / cooks in food service industry
- Food service professionals keen on enhancing their skills and getting a qualification within a flexible time frames
What will you learn
- Quality standards for purchasing fish and seafood
- Storage of fish and seafood
- Basic skills in
- Cuts of round and flat fish
- Filleting fish
- Preparing seafood such as prawn and squid for cooking
- Basic cooking techniques applied to
- Other seafood
- Minimum 18* years of Age.
- Primary education with/without PSLE / PSPE or their equivalent certification
- Be able to understand,speak, read and write basic English.
*to be eligible for SSG course fee funding
Date 04 Sep 2019 16 Oct 2019 27 Nov 2019 15 Jan 2020 26 Feb 2020 08 Apr 2020
Duration 3 days / 14 hours
Fees S$ 350 (GST is not applicable)