The objective of the course is to train learners in the techniques and knowledge of basic moist heat cooking methods such as steaming, poaching, stewing, braising etc.
The skills are trained in the Asian and Western Cuisine contexts, with traditional and modern techniques
A WSQ course accredited by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). Upon successful completion, candidates will receive the Statement of Attainment (SOA) in WSQ Demonstrate Basic Moist Heat Cooking Methods.
This course is for
- Individuals keen to pursue employment as commis / cooks in food service industry
- Food service professionals keen on enhancing their skills and getting a qualification within a flexible time frame
What will you learn
- Principles of heat transfer
- Basic skills in
- Simmering and Poaching
- Minimum 18* years of Age.
- Primary education with/without PSLE / PSPE or their equivalent certification
- Be able to understand,speak, read and write basic English.
*to be eligible for SSG course fee funding
Date 03 Nov 2020 15 Dec 2020
Duration 5 days / 33 hours and 30 minutes
Fees S$ 850 (GST is not applicable)
FundingUpto 95% course fee funding by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG). Singapore Citizens may use their SkillsFuture Credit to pay the Nett course fee after course fee grant. Click here to check your SkillsFuture account.